What is this IEEEXtreme?
IEEE stand for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE), largest technical professional society in the world. IEEE annually organizing a 24-hour programming competition for undergraduates named IEEEXtreme. Students should have IEEE student membership for compete this competition. This programming competition is a global challenge compete by grouping team’s maximum of 3 members for a team. These teams proctored by an IEEE member and competitors will give set of programming problems to solve.
IEEEXtreme was started in 2006 with 47 teams of 150 participants and this been hosted for 9 years continuously. In 2015 there were more than 2,477 teams, participation over 1,900 teams, more than 6,400 student competitors, more than 600 proctors and more than 100 volunteers around the world. IEEEXtreme 10.0 is scheduled to host on 22nd of October 2016. Theme of this competition is ” <i> can code “.
Format of this competition is,
- Team can consist of maximum of 3 members.
- Solve set programming problems over 24-hours, starting 0.00 GMT on the competition date.
- All teams receive same problems to solve.
- Teams do not need to solve all the problems but more they solve more they get points.
- All the problems host using an online tool named HackerRank and points will allocate to teams based on how they solved the problem.
How you can join in?
Team up with 3 members and get the IEEE student membership. Register your team before 14th of October because 14th is the deadline of registration for IEEEXtreme 2016. Allocate a proctor who is an IEEE member. IEEE Student Branch will help you on assigning proctors. IEEE Student Branch is a society, formed by undergraduates in their universities which is registered in IEEE.
Why you should participate? What this competition gives you?
- You can have fun while solving problems in HacckerRank.
- You can join into Hacker community to discuss problem, learn and compete.
- You can learn new programming topics and techniques while going through all the problems in the HackerRank.
- This competition will reward winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. And also for 1st 10th places and up to 100th place. Not only that IEEE will give you a gift bundle with a participation certificate either you not in 100th but you have to go through at least one problem.
You can join to the practice community through this link and practice hard join into community and be a good competitor. https://www.hackerrank.com/contests/ieeextreme-challenges/challenges
Register your IEEEXtreme team by log into this link: http://xtreme.vtools.ieee.org/ Deadline is on 14th October.
Here are the Top 10 Teams who placed Xtreme 9.0